The Prince George's County Boys and Girls Club (PGCBGC) is excited to bring you several youth sports events in the upcoming months. These events will include football, soccer, and basketball skill showcases, as well as the introduction of our new kickball league in the early summer. While we understand the significance of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact that it's had on our community, we also recognize this pandemic's impact on our youth, families, their well-being, and the desire to return to some normalcy.
Our 1st event will be a PGCBGC Punt, Pass, and Kick Skills Challenge, which is scheduled for Saturday, May 1, 2021 (11am -5pm) exact times will be determined by age groups). Followed by a PGCBGC Soccer Skills Challenge scheduled for Saturday, May 15, 2021, which will test our participant's dribbling, shooting, and throw-in abilities. Our final skills challenge will be the PGCBGC Basketball Skills Challenge, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 5th, 2021 and will test our participant's dribbling, passing, and shooting abilities.
We're excited to announce a couple updates regarding the upcoming PGCBGC Spring Events.
- Updated Rules for the (May 1st) Football Challenge (posted to the www.pgcbgc.com website)
- Updated Rules for the (May 15th) Soccer Challenge (posted to the www.pgcbgc.com website)
- Updated locations for Football and Soccer challenges location: Woodmore Turf Field (9200 Ruby Lockhart Blvd, Glenarden, MD 20706) 11am -5pm
- Finalized ages and times scheduled for the (May 1st) Punt, Pass and Kick will be released by April 27th.
- Basketball challenges moved to a NEW DATE (now scheduled for June 5th)
- Same day registrations and "Walk ups" will be accepted for all events.
Prizes and trophies will be awarded to all winners, and medals will be awarded out to all participants.
All skill levels are welcome to participate in our fun-filled events but please keep in mind that due to COVID-19 restrictions, registrations are limited to 60 participants per age grouping, SO PLEASE ACT FAST.
All CDC, Federal, and local COVID-19 guidelines will be followed, including but not limited to face mask wearing at all times, good hand hygiene, and physical social distancing measures will be required of all participants and spectators in attendance at these events.
Stay engaged with us for future events visit us at www.pgcbgc.com for more information and to register.
To register please click on the sports flyers below