STATEMENT FROM PGCBGC PRESIDENT RIAN JACKSON
The Prince George's County Boys and Girls Club (PGCBGC) is continuing to work closely with our partner organizations, local and federal government officials regarding the resurgence of COVID 19 in the Prince George's County area. We are monitoring all Maryland Health Department advisories and adhering to CDC guidelines as it relates to the outbreak and youth sports. The PGCBGC is looking at all methods to mitigate concerns and possible exposure to our great student athletes and their families and are volunteer staffs. So, after careful consideration, and recent local and national events, we have decided to suspend all the PGCBGC’S 2020 WINTER SPORTS activities and events through January 15, 2021.
We hope to resume activities as soon as it becomes safe for our players and their families.
The Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities are still focusing great attention on prevention methods such as:
- Along with following other tips, cover mouth and nose in public with a cloth face covering
- Stay at least 6 feet or 2 arms' length from others
- Wash hands often and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home
- Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or tissue
- Listen for instructions from your local government about staying home
We strongly encourage you to check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the Maryland Department of Health websites for more information regarding the Coronavirus Disease:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Maryland Department of Health- https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
President, Prince George's County Boys and Girls Club